Asked by Anonymous
Has legilation been enacted to ban use of cell phones while driving trucks
Yesterday, the National Transportation Safety Board unanimously voted to ban the use of portable electronic devices while driving, except in emergency situations, for all drivers. The National Transportation Safety Board can make recommendations, but cannot pass laws. Each state is responsible for passing its own laws about distracted driving.
Nine states, the District of Columbia, and the Virgin Islands already prohibit all drivers from using handheld cell phones while driving. Find our if your state has a distracted driving law.
We welcome your comments if you are 13 or older, and hope that our conversations here will be polite. You are responsible for the content of your comments.
We do not discriminate against any views, but may delete any of the following:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist comments
- comments that threaten or harm the reputation of any person or organization
- advertisements or solicitations of any kind
- comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
- personal information including, but not limited to, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers
In short: be nice and add to the discussion. If you continually violate this policy, we may limit your ability to comment in the future. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us.