Buying American-Made Holiday Gifts Could Create Jobs
This holiday season, if you buy some of your presents labeled “Made in America”, rather than made elsewhere around the world, you could be helping create thousands of jobs here at home.
According to a report by ABC World News, the average American will spend $700 on gifts this holiday season. If $64 of that $700 was spent on something made in America, 200,000 jobs would be created.
For more on buying American, read one business owner’s story about keeping industry alive in America.
We welcome your comments if you are 13 or older, and hope that our conversations here will be polite. You are responsible for the content of your comments.
We do not discriminate against any views, but may delete any of the following:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist comments
- comments that threaten or harm the reputation of any person or organization
- advertisements or solicitations of any kind
- comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
- personal information including, but not limited to, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers
In short: be nice and add to the discussion. If you continually violate this policy, we may limit your ability to comment in the future. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us.