Asked by Anonymous
Are there any funds remaining for energy assistance for general public?
The Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) can help low-income households, particularly those that use a large portion of their income to pay for immediate energy needs. LIHEAP helps families pay their energy bill and provides assistance if the power company shuts off energy to the home.
LIHEAP issues grants to states. Each state can then give the money to people who meet the program requirements. Find out how to apply for LIHEAP in your state.
Financial assistance for energy efficient purchases and home improvements is also available. Learn more about energy related tax credits, rebates, and financing.
We welcome your comments if you are 13 or older, and hope that our conversations here will be polite. You are responsible for the content of your comments.
We do not discriminate against any views, but may delete any of the following:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist comments
- comments that threaten or harm the reputation of any person or organization
- advertisements or solicitations of any kind
- comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
- personal information including, but not limited to, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers
In short: be nice and add to the discussion. If you continually violate this policy, we may limit your ability to comment in the future. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us.