Free Access To Public Recreation Areas This Weekend
From November 11 to 13, you will be able to access several public recreation areas without paying entrance fees.
The National Park Service, the Bureau of Land Management and the U.S. Forest Service will waive entrance fees in recognition of Veterans Day weekend. Some fees, such as those for camping or concessions, will still apply.
Many of the recreational areas offer activities like hiking, biking, rock climbing or horse back riding.
We welcome your comments if you are 13 or older, and hope that our conversations here will be polite. You are responsible for the content of your comments.
We do not discriminate against any views, but may delete any of the following:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist comments
- comments that threaten or harm the reputation of any person or organization
- advertisements or solicitations of any kind
- comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
- personal information including, but not limited to, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers
In short: be nice and add to the discussion. If you continually violate this policy, we may limit your ability to comment in the future. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us.