Faces of Distracted Driving
Distracted driving is a serious problem. In 2009, it killed nearly 5,500 people and injured 500,000 more.
The U.S. Department of Transportation wants to end this dangerous practice on our nation’s roadways. If you have a story about distracted driving, please share it at distraction.gov and maybe it will make someone think twice.
WOMAN’S VOICE: I couldn’t believe this happened to our family.
WOMAN’S VOICE: Why aren’t people screaming from the rooftops that this is dangerous?
GIRL’S VOICE: Because someone made one stupid mistake, I’m an only child.
MALE VOICE: I said, you’ve got to stop this. You’re going to have a wreck.
We welcome your comments if you are 13 or older, and hope that our conversations here will be polite. You are responsible for the content of your comments.
We do not discriminate against any views, but may delete any of the following:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist comments
- comments that threaten or harm the reputation of any person or organization
- advertisements or solicitations of any kind
- comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
- personal information including, but not limited to, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers
In short: be nice and add to the discussion. If you continually violate this policy, we may limit your ability to comment in the future. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us.