Protect Your Family From Lead Poisoning
Lead is a toxic metal that was used for many years in paint, plumbing, and other areas of the home. Exposure to lead can damage children’s brains and nervous systems, causing behavioral problems, learning disabilities, seizures, or death. Children 6 years old and younger are the most at risk.
You can prevent lead poisoning by
- Getting your home tested: Homes built before 1978 are especially dangerous, but can be made safe.
- Getting your child tested: A simple blood test can detect if high levels of lead are present.
- Getting the facts: Visit Lead Free Kids to learn more about testing and other ways to be lead safe.
We welcome your comments if you are 13 or older, and hope that our conversations here will be polite. You are responsible for the content of your comments.
We do not discriminate against any views, but may delete any of the following:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist comments
- comments that threaten or harm the reputation of any person or organization
- advertisements or solicitations of any kind
- comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
- personal information including, but not limited to, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers
In short: be nice and add to the discussion. If you continually violate this policy, we may limit your ability to comment in the future. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us.