Image description: Today is the Statue of Liberty’s 125th birthday. It was dedicated on October 28, 1886 and was a gift of friendship from the people of France to the people of the United States.
To celebrate 125 years, five live webcams from the Statue’s torch will be turned on and give the world access to an area of the Statue that has been closed since 1916. This photo was taken while the crew installed the new webcams.
Photo from the Statue of Liberty National Monument on Facebook
We welcome your comments if you are 13 or older, and hope that our conversations here will be polite. You are responsible for the content of your comments.
We do not discriminate against any views, but may delete any of the following:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist comments
- comments that threaten or harm the reputation of any person or organization
- advertisements or solicitations of any kind
- comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
- personal information including, but not limited to, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers
In short: be nice and add to the discussion. If you continually violate this policy, we may limit your ability to comment in the future. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us.