Get Help When You’re Trying to Quit Smoking
Smokefree.gov can help you or someone you care about quit smoking. Get information and professional assistance to support both immediate and long-term needs as you become a nonsmoker.
You can get assistance in the form of:
- A step-by-step quit smoking guide
- Information about a wide range of topics related to smoking and quitting
- An interactive U.S. map highlighting smoking information in your state
- LiveHelp, National Cancer Institute’s instant messaging service
- National Cancer Institute’s telephone quitline, 1-877-44U-QUIT
- Local and state telephone quitlines, 1-800-QUIT-NOW
- Publications to download, print, or order
We welcome your comments if you are 13 or older, and hope that our conversations here will be polite. You are responsible for the content of your comments.
We do not discriminate against any views, but may delete any of the following:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist comments
- comments that threaten or harm the reputation of any person or organization
- advertisements or solicitations of any kind
- comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
- personal information including, but not limited to, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers
In short: be nice and add to the discussion. If you continually violate this policy, we may limit your ability to comment in the future. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us.