Ways to Help Lower Your Risk for Diabetes
The National Institute of Health has determined that there are five factors that when adopted all together can help reduce the chance of Type-2 Diabetes for men and women.
The Five Lifestyle Factors are
- Following a healthy diet
- Maintaining an optimal body weight
- Engaging in recommended amounts of physical activity
- Not smoking
- Keeping alcohol use to no more than 1 drink per day for women and 2 for men
To learn your optimal body weight and to find out more about these five factors, visit the NIH’s Diabetes Information Center Clearinghouse.
We welcome your comments if you are 13 or older, and hope that our conversations here will be polite. You are responsible for the content of your comments.
We do not discriminate against any views, but may delete any of the following:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist comments
- comments that threaten or harm the reputation of any person or organization
- advertisements or solicitations of any kind
- comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
- personal information including, but not limited to, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers
In short: be nice and add to the discussion. If you continually violate this policy, we may limit your ability to comment in the future. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us.